Running QA on memoQ Files
Instructions for memoQ 6 to memoQ 2014 until build 51
ApSIC Xbench can load memoQ .mqxliff and .mqxlz files. To add a memoQ document to an Xbench project, you need to do the following:
- In memoQ, select the document, choose Export bilingual, choose memoQ XLIFF as the output format and click Export.
- In ApSIC Xbench, choose Project->Properties, choose Add and then choose memoQ File.
However, the Edit Segment command that allows you to go to the same segment in memoQ has one important limitation: it only works if the current mqxliff document is open in memoQ.
Therefore, in order to get the most of the integration with memoQ, you need to put the content you want to QA in a single .mqxlz file. You can do so by creating a view in memoQ and exporting it. Therefore the recommended procedure to QA memoQ files is as follows:
- In memoQ, select in the Translations view all documents that you want to QA from the current project, right-click and choose Create View. Type something like ToXbench in Name of the view, choose Simply glue documents together and click OK.
- In memoQ, in the Views tab, select ToXbench, right-click and choose Export bilingual. Choose memoQ XLIFF and click Export.
- Open the ToXbench view in the editor so that it is shown in the translation grid.
- In ApSIC Xbench, choose Project->Properties, choose Add and then choose memoQ File. Add the ToXbench.mqxlz file you created in step 2.
With this setup, that is, with the ToXbench view open in memoQ and the corresponding mqxlz file loaded in ApSIC Xbench, if you choose Edit Segment in ApSIC Xbench, it will position in memoQ to exact same segment that you have currently selected in Xbench.
This means that if you find an issue while running a QA on the memoQ file in Xbench, you can fix it directly in memoQ by simply choosing Edit Segment (Ctrl+E).
Instructions for memoQ 2014 build 51 or later
A new feature was added to memoQ 2014 build 51 that greatly simplifies the interoperability with ApSIC Xbench. Starting with this memoQ build, the instructions to QA a memoQ project are as follows:
- In memoQ, select the documents, choose Export bilingual, choose memoQ XLIFF as the output format and click Export to a folder, for example ToXbenchQA.
- In Windows Explorer, select the ToXbenchQA directory, right-click and choose Run QA in Xbench (this is a bit faster than using Project->Properties in ApSIC Xbench).
- Run the QA (or search) in ApSIC Xbench normally. When you see a memoQ segment in the QA or search results that you wish to edit, just select it, right-click and then choose Edit Segment (Ctrl+E).